Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Almost Ready for Etsy...

It's been what, about 4 weeks now since I started painting and I finally decided to share my blog with more than 5 people... I got up this morning with a renewed vision - that secretly hiding my talent between the "3" corners of my kitchen floor isn't going to get me too many places. Not that there is really any place I need to be, well that is except Etsy. Etsy.com, That's where all professional artists seem to be. Of'course what makes you a professional is not when you're selling your art work, but when someone is actually "buying" your artwork. And at this point, I'm not in either category just yet.

As an a new Artist, I have realized that there's a little more to think about than just painting a Canvas and posting it online... Do you want to create prints? Sell the originals? How much should you charge? Do you want to do custom peices? Or Work with what you got? These are some of the questions that have come to my mind. As I explore the work and talent of other artist and what they do I honestly don't know what route will be the best for me. BUT, what I do know is that I will Sell something!

In fact, I'm so sure of it, that I officially created my Etsy store tonight. Grant it, I have nothing to sell right now, but I will... soon. And hope you plan on making a purchase!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/LCherise

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog....I love it! I am very demotivated at work right now, so I figured I'd take time to read your blog. I must say it took me to a different place for awhile.

    I am so proud of you for trying new things. I could definitely take this as a lesson learned. I have always wanted to take up photography. After seeing what you've done with your art, I may just try it :-).

    Looking forward to reading the next one LCherise! --SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete