Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's okay to start over...

One of the things that the art instructor told us was "it's okay to start over". And starting over, means just painting over what you have already done (not getting a new canvas). As a new artist, it is a very important lesson - one that I am glad I learned this early in my talent.

As a result, I looked at Fatimah on Wednesday with a new perspective. She had been sitting for a full week (or two) because I didn't quite know how to finish her and I really didn't like the direction she was going in. With my new lesson in mind, however I reminded myself that I could start over... and that's what I did, sort of, I "fixed" her skin color and changed her mouth, and repainted the background. And I was happy with the outcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment